Foxvideo Productions

So, I made a huge error!

I was asked to produce a website for an independent evangelist working in Eastern Europe, I decided against using Foundation for the template as the evangelist had asked for a couple of specific types of pages, a news and photo page which are both included in RapidWeaver. I found a template in RapidWeaver I’d bought sometime ago and used on a site that’s no longer up, with a colour change and some type changes I thought it’d look good.

I spent around 4 days putting it together from the material supplied, a Home page, an About page, a Latest News page, a photo’s page and a Contact page. I tested it in Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge and Safari and uploaded it to a Domain we’d bought, the evangelist approved it and added the web address to his email signature, very soon there were hits from all over the world.

The site includes a tracking cookie (with the relevant EU notification), looking at the stats a few days later I saw most of the Eastern European visitors were using mobile devices which was fine as the site was fully responsive but I did notice a few users on Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11 which I’d not checked the site with, I used an old PC with Windows 7 I have here and the site looked terrible, it was obvious the template I’d used wasn’t suitable for Explorer.

Then it was back to the drawing board this time using Foundation, much of the site I could copy/paste into new Stacks, I did have some problems as Foundation itself has no Blog support, so I used a Stacks page and copied over all the entries so far, the Photo gallery was another problem, I ended up using WeaverPix3 to create a photo gallery and then PlusKit4 to display it on a Stacks page. The site was uploaded to it’s Domain and this time, tested on my old PC with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11 - it all looked as it should and all other browsers on both Mac and PC worked as well, so lesson learned - Don’t take it for granted everything will work - Check!

Screen Shot 1